DQYDJ was featured in 2 carnivals this week, better than the average week! We’ve also be included in a few additional blog aggregators and listing sites. All that and more in this update.
Carnivals / Featured
- “The Roth IRA and Why (Most Of) You Need One Yesterday” was featured in the Carnival of Personal Finance over at Squirrelers! Go check out the site and the carnival.
- “Refinance Your Mortgage and Pay the Same Amount? Yeah, There’s a Calculator for That.” was featured in the Yakezie Carnival at Prarie Eco Thrifer. Go read some of the selections and visit the site over there!
- “Is Operation Twist a Failure? The Fed’s Two Left Feet.” was featured in The Frugal Toad‘s Weekly Link Roundup. Thanks!
We were listed in five ranking sites or aggregators this week!
- We are now #476 on Money Crashers‘ list, “Top Personal Finance Blogs“. what can I say? You’ve got to start somewhere. I like what they’ve done with the list and there are a number of metrics you can get on your favorite blogs and sites over there – or ours! Visit the list when you have a chance.
- We were also listed at Wise Bread‘s “Top Personal Finance Blogs.” Number #569. Another ground level start, but hey… our readers love us, right folks?
- On the Personal Finance Blog Toplist, we’re at a whopping 276! This list is based more on unique views, so keep coming to DQYDJ, haha.
- We’re (finally) listed on PF Blogs at pfblogs.org, the largest Personal Finance and Real Estate blog aggregator. For a site that started back in May 2009, we sure missed a lot!
- We were listed in the Best of the Web Blog Directory for Personal Finance!
Show a little click love for everyone who took a flyer on DQYDJ. Come back afterward, of course!
Stuff that made us think, link, click, or comment. Maybe you’ll be interested as well.
- “Even With Fees, the Miracle of Flight Still a Bargain“ – it’s fun to complain, but flight is an awesome deal.
- “The Truth About High Frequency Trading” – I enjoy JT’s articles, and his HFT article was no exception.
- “Should You Buy or Rent? Calculator + Infographics” – We’re a sucker for a well-put together calculator. Here’s one you should check out!
- “Teaching Is The Worst Job in the World” – Catchy title, arguments in the comments, success!
- “The Great Recession in Five Charts” – See? I link Ezra Klein too, not just the WSJ!