Yakezie Network Challenge
I wanted to lead with this news… DQYDJ is now part of the Yakezie Challenge.
Yakezie is a network of high caliber Personal Finance and Lifestyle web sites, a network we’d like to eventually join. It all starts with “The Challenge” – a 6 month (or longer) effort to improve site metrics and write consistently, while sharing skills and perspectives with other blogs and websites in the network. We hope we’ll be an asset, and we know that the network will help us as well!
So, we’re throwing down the gauntlet and posting our current alexa score for posterity: 2,681,237 Worldwide and 712,860 in the United States. Check out the network and the challenge for more details, and DQYDJ will keep on plugging away. (Updated: As I post this our rank has changed to 2,161,997 and 342,892 in the United States)
- Our article “Frugality vs. Reality: Is Frugality Overrated?” was hosted in the Canadian Thanksgiving Edition of the Carnival of Personal Finance at Boomer & Echo. Go check it out!
- “Money Fail: The Payment Mentality” – I can’t help it if I like the Money Fail series. Go read it.
- “Emotions, a Mortgage and a New Baby: What Would You Do?” – I have two of those three things. Go help out!
- “What if You’re Not University Material?” – Although college is often portrayed as the only real option for a career gateway (“The world needs ditch-diggers, too“)… it’s not. There are plenty of careers of a more technical or service nature which don’t require college, and are tough to outsource.
- “Steve Jobs of Apple Dies at 56” – The best obit I’ve read.
- “The Ebb and Flow of the Baby Boom Generation” – Pretty slick. Note that in 2010 Baby Boomers are still 27.2% of the workplace.