The groundhog has seen his shadow – and that means one more week of Cameron Daniels straight to your inbox or reader.
Since you care about me, my fantasy team is 3-2. Hope that answers all your questions!
Here’s what’s going around in finance and economics as you read:
Links We Liked!
- Nelson at Financial Uproar tells the world – it’s okay (encouraged, even) to use your advantages, but don’t act like you hit a double if you were born on second base.
- An interesting post by Matt at Saverocity on how bloggers attempt to fake social proof (I’ve got a piece on some aspects of this in the queue which will be showing up somewhere in the near future). Remember, unless you are a meta-blogger selling bloggers services, your audience is not primarily other bloggers.
- The Wall Street Journal’s Farhad Manjoo tells us to hold the lettuce – and bring it to a person, because self-checkout isn’t great yet. Remember, computers couldn’t beat humans at chess for a long time, either.
- Paula at Afford Anything wrote a letter to Cameron, Bryan, and me and disguised it as a blog post: “Sustainable Wealth: Avoid Death-by-Cubicle“
- In a massive blow to my ego, the world and the podcast goes on without me: listen to Stacking Benjamins, with a special musical guest! Go listen and subscribe.
- Did you buy a home yet? NO?!? Burbed tells us you’re priced out forever; buy at any cost!
- Remember when we thought gasoline was an inelastic good? I’m still team Pigovian, but the number of people going carless is way up over the last few years. (Blame Uber, Flywheel, Lyft and Sidecar?)
Links to Us!