There’s your moment of zen – my parents sent me that picture of their deck this morning after Nemo dumped a ton of snow on it. New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Maine, and Eastern Massachusetts and New Hampshire are still getting hit pretty hard, but my parents should be free of the storm’s grip by this afternoon. Stay safe, East Coast.
Here? Upper 50s and lower 60s. Ahh, Bay Area – you’ve always got weather going for you.
Links We Liked!
- A study in the Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders found that autistic students (generally of the high functioning variety) gravitate towards STEM majors in college.
- At Timeless Finance, a discussion about a lost phone – and the consensus in the comments section is “buy used and go cheap”. Amen. I get the notifications from this site on an Evo 4G, which I recently moved to Ting (yeah, it’s a referral link – they use the Sprint Network. My wife and I are spending $60 a month now.).
- Greg at Control Your Cash recognizes three – (“Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.”) – acceptable ways to do taxes. Fill out the forms, purchase TurboTax (or equivalent), or go to a CPA.
- Curious as to how many households there are in the United States in a given year? Ironman at Political Calculations has you covered with an ambitious calculator with the estimated numbers.
- Have you heard of Treehouse? I first saw what they were doing with education a few weeks ago, and Mr. Money Mustache happened to interview their CEO this last week. As an Engineer – it’s an interesting concept, check them out.
- The Wall Street Journal covers the hilarious battle of words between the Governors of California and Texas and… I forget the last one. Oops. (I live in California, Cameron lives in Texas, Bryan lives in Massachusetts. Quite the rivalry!).
- Andrea at So Over Debt guilts you into checking your budget (if you make one). We don’t – we’re some of those invest first spend the rest weirdos, which is pretty interesting when you’re renovating a house, haha.
- Our Pal with the longest moniker in the PF sphere Mochi and Macarons (M&M?) has a continuous investing series going. Read this entry on rebalancing a portfolio.
Links to Us