I’ve had a bit of a makeover on Twitter. I’m ready to reveal my new Twitter identity…
I’m a 7 year old Pit Bull.
Check it out, and follow if you haven’t yet.
(The Genesis of the switch? I’m trying to guilt Cameron and Bryan into making accounts now).
Links We Liked
- An origin story for a stock superhero? Maybe soon. Our friend JT tells the story of when he bought his first stock.
- I don’t know why I didn’t see this until now (2007!), but we have an authoritative article on the longest hangover ever. I feel for the guy. (Now that I’m older, all of my hangovers lead to swearing off alcohol for life.)
- Nelson at Financial Uproar wrote an awesome letter to this year’s graduates (from college).
- Is the Flynn Effect a farce?!? Some evidence emerges that we’ve (the royal we) been slowly becoming stupider over the last few hundred years.
- Darwin’s Finance asks if it’s fair for the rich to get richer. Assuming no outright fraud, why not? Here’s a theoretical… if everyone started with the same amount of resources, how quickly would people pull back ahead?
- If we’re on civil liberties tilt, I’ll probably have to circle back on this one: red light cameras being used primarily as revenue producers, not for safety? You don’t say!
- The Financial Samurai had a piece on the psychology of the market outrunning your own gains, and how to approach a recent history of bad trades. (I guess the poker term here is “avoiding tilt”). I also learned a new term – “punt portfolio”.
- Greg Mankiw, famous Economist, makes the famous Economist argument for not trying to beat the market.
- Control Your Cash with a hilarious piece on how the news about Kohl’s manipulation of sales becoming a legal problem is a sick joke.
- Here’s an interesting take on salary negotiation.
Links to Us