“PK, you’re slacking on the Weekenders lately” – yep. Kitchen project, my friends. We’ve hit a lull though – so you’ve got my full attention this (early) morning!
And since I’m here and you’re reading my typing – how about listening to my voice? I’m on the Stacking Benjamins podcast, weekly. You can find my latest work here.
Links We Liked
- Easily the post of the last two weeks – Robb at Boomer & Echo’s post on his glide path to Financial Freedom at 40-years young. A must read for anyone interested in the Personals of Personal Finance.
- What if you accept that the middle class is shrinking, and has shrunk since the 60s. Fine – but note that the lower-income category has dropped in size as well – where do the remainder end up? A happy article!
- At Saverocity, a discussion about separating finances in a marriage. Mrs. DQYDJ and I are separate, but there are no financial shenanigans since everything is tied into Mint.
- Our friend JT at Money Mamba has a psychological piece on loving the unlovable value stocks he loves to invest in and spread love about.
- Ironman at Political Calculations crunched the numbers on how much your time in traffic is worth – a must click.
- In the ‘Great Idea, Poor Execution” department, Businessweek had a fun feature on the net worth of various rappers. Unfortunately, it makes many ‘last year income = net worth” mistakes. Hoping for a follow up!
- Catherine at Plunged in Debt questioned the conventional 6 month emergency fund. Ever since savings accounts starting paying .5%, I turned against the traditional E-Fund as well.
- The Money Beagles had a feature on removing pet stains from the carpet. Much better than hitting it with a paper towel, scrubbing, and having it fall apart (I don’t do this… anymore).
- Planting Our Pennies had a great contrarian piece on rooting for net worth decreases while you’re young. I concur!
- At the Reformed Broker, a hilarious map of how investors perceive the world.
Links to Us