So, since yesterday most of the other Personal Finance blogs were down… you’re now reading the most popular Personal Finance blog in the world (on Friday, August 2, 2013). That’s right – more visits here than at all those other sites… combined.
Links We Liked!
- Len Penzo’s “Liviung on $40,000” series is the most refreshing thing in Personal Finance since, well, Personal Finance blogs were invented. This week’s entry: Ruth from Kansas.
- While the Fed talks ‘Taper’, reading between the lines on the labor market is bringing new measures to the front – like the employment ratio.
- Ever experiences the “back to work after a vacation” syndrome where everything is… sooo… hard? Money Beagle has some hints that’ll make it easier.
- Spotted at Saverocity – a nice discourse on paying off a mortgage early.
- At Business Insider, a piece on how Detroit’s ongoing mayoral race has turned into a dark comedy.
- Never tell Nelson at Financial Uproar anything about your wedding. Here’s why!
- What? A No-tipping restaurant… in AMERICA? Here’s why some customers aren’t fans.
- Our friend Jason Hull asks if investors watch CNBC. I watch it when there is an important speech on the Economy – yes,I’m one of those people who actually know what the Fed Chief’s voice sounds like.
- Great map in the New York Times about changing fortunes, at least when it comes to the income ladder.
- As always, we like to live vicariously through our friend Pauline Paquin’s adventures – here she deals with a Guatemalan village council!
Links to Us!