Who’s having as much fun watching the Olympics as me? I, for one, am definitely getting into random events that I probably won’t care about for another 4 years.
Well, sports is a proxy for war, and it’s better I cheer for athletic prowess than battle, right? Also, better than having to call out other bloggers again!
Links to Us
Links We Liked
- Nelson at Financial Uproar asks if fashion is an investment. For me? I have tons of fitted clothes which cost way more than generic clothes, so go click through and see what that makes me!
- Control Your Cash makes the argument that you should manage your own portfolio because of the wacky incentives of fund managers. Fair enough – but if you don’t have the motivation you should probably just toss your funds in index funds (with low costs). That’s right – at a minimum, remove the human error.
- JT at Money Mamba shows his supply-side with a post about how people make what they’re worth.
- Paula at Afford Anything posts some renovation-porn (man, that word has been watered down) of the sub-floor and joists in one of the bathrooms at her rental.
- Andrea at So Over This wonders what the deal is with all of the PF writers writing about physical fitness. My theory? New-found responsibility spreading to other parts of a person’s life.
- Sam at Financial Samurai is going Galt! I’m running out of jokes here, but where’s Dagny Taggart to keep our trains running on time?
- Ironman at Political Calculations sees the potential of a double dip recession, if companies cutting dividends is to be believed. What if the low dividend basis of the last few years (read: many companies already cut dividends) would cover up that measure for a future recession?