If anyone wants some coding freelancing, let your favorite PF writer & calculator creator know. (Yes, my kitchen is done.) Here’s what serves as my online CV.
Since everyone loves seeing my fantasy football picks, here’s my auction draft results in a 10-man ESPN standard scoring league:
QB Cam Newton 13
RB C.J. Spiller 62
RB Doug Martin 54
RB/WR Darren Sproles 12
WR Demaryius Thomas 20
WR Vincent Jackson 15
TE Jermichael Finley 3
D/ST Bears D/ST 1
K Sebastian Janikowski 1
BE Randall Cobb 12
BE Steve Johnson 2
BE Kenny Britt 1
BE Josh Gordon 1
BE Bernard Pierce 1
BE Pierre Thomas 1
BE Josh Freeman 1
My spreadsheet tells me I got $270 in value on $200 in bids. Thoughts? Like Bears for $1 and Newton for $13?
Links We Liked!
- You know Yogi Berra’s famous quote, “nobody goes there anymore, it’s too crowded”? Burbed states the obvious – nobody sells in the Bay Area anymore, there is too much selling competition!
- Podcast Boss (listen to us weekly!) Joe at StackingBenjamins discusses working backwards to come up with a retirement number. Also making an appearance? Fellow Bay-Arean Kathryn the Makin’ Sense Babe.
- Some (interesting, yet proving controversial) arguments about the number of full time and part time jobs being created, mostly pointed out by John Lott, but covered well on Marginal Revolution. Left unsaid (I don’t know why): previous full time jobs might be converting to PT jobs, the numbers in no way guarantee it’s only new jobs which are making the transition. Read around on this one; the WH even released some stats attempting to debunk it. Someone want to donate DQYDJ a graduate student?
- Our friend Suba at Wealth Informatics delved into the intricacies of working on minimum wage.
- Nelson at Financial Uproar suggests you rent your vacation fun. And yes, he delves into all areas of fun, albeit briefly.
- Jason Hull at the eponymous Hull Financial Planning asks if we’re measuring the utility of our spending. Yes – and I don’t get much from taxes, my friend!
Links to Us!