First up: I’ve changed more of my authorship over to ‘PK’ from ‘PKamp3′. Still getting caught in too many spam filters! I’m still one of your top 3 favorite DQYDJ columnists, so don’t despair that I dropped 66.7% of my handle!
The last Weekender went out on the 31st, so consider this the first Weekender of the New Year! Don’t worry, I’m not going to drop any resolutions on you… just this picture of a soul-searching squirrel which stared at my from the top of my fence. Our friends at Squirrelers would be proud! (Excuse the blur, it was a camera phone…)
Okay folks, let’s hit the links under the watchful eye of the squirrel…
Carnivals And Featured Links
- The Yakezie Carnival at The Ultimate Juggle.
- The Totally Money Carnival at Help Me to Save.
- Our friends at 101 Centavos linked to our tax visualization inside a great article about traffic in Sao Paulo… I suggest reading it!
- Everything Finance found our article on college graduates then and now to be good reading… thanks! I enjoyed their anecdote about getting a discount for car insurance by being married.
- Average Joe at The Free Financial Advisor also liked our tax graph (thanks for the kind words!). This week they had an article, “Cheap Disney World Tickets? That’s Just the Start” which I highly suggest you check out.
- Matt Allen at Rambling Fever double linked us (in his new ‘Roundup of Random Ramblings’ or ‘RRR’ feature)! Also, be sure to join the argument over Government benefits at Matt’s site, and a companion piece at Thousandaire on personal liberty.
- Free by 50 also liked our tax graph! Thanks, and for DQYDJ’s readers, go see “The Volatility of Stocks vs. Gold“.
I don’t consider myself a kingmaker, but I know you folks will send these great articles some traffic!
- The Car Negotiation Coach asks an interesting question – do you share how much you spent on your vehicle? Dig into the comments… I answered there!
- Married With Debt posits an interesting theory: can you count a car as an emergency fund? (Assuming it’s extraneous, of course!)
- Nelson at Financial Uproar is still trying to figure out why frugality is popular. One day he’ll find the absolute truth… you heard it here first!
- Nudge or Shove: Forcing people to apply to college? Decide over at Money Mamba!
- The Frugal Toad turns their exacting eye for value on smokers!
- Mr. Money Moustache riffs off of This Old House (it’s a Boston show, as you know) with some awesome rental upgrades. This post inspired me to write some articles when I tackle some home projects in the New Year!
- Our friend Jeff at Money Spruce is debt free – how’s that for a new leaf in a new year?
- Say it ain’t so, Political Calculations! The White House was misleading on the Payroll Tax extension.
Your Weekly Rant!
Let’s not rant this week – that’s no ranting in both weeks buttressing the holidays! Have I made the day-jobbers proud? Instead I’ll ask you to continue to keep your eye on the advancing SOPA legislation, which I warned you earlier (scroll down to see my thoughts) is sort of a big deal for the internet. Keep fighting the good fight!
Also, we’re back on a 2-3 article a week schedule (from 1-2 in December). Some new stuff from the other writers, Bryan and Cameron, is (finally) coming soon. Stay tuned!