Yeah, I know, I’ve been too lazy to fix my php on the Feedburner subscribers to the right – so it fluctuates 20 or more readers a day. I’ll get to it… maybe even today!
A special thanks to two victims of my chain post, who were moved to answer my questions this week (Remember that whole question thing?):
Featured Links and Carnivals
We got so much article love this week I wish I hadn’t burned my Led Zeppelin lyric joke a few weeks back…
- The Yakezie Carnival
- The Carnival of Personal Finance
- The Totally Money Carnival
- The Carnival of Wealth
- Thad Thoughts
- 101 Centavos (Twice!)
- Financial God
- The Free Financial Advisor
- Master the Art of Saving
- Invest it Wisely
Links of the Week
Because when the blogosphere moves you to link, you better do it…
- Bret at Hope to Prosper gave us an interesting look at the circumstances of his first job… and his second!
- The Money Infant talked about Roth IRAs, and I can rarely avoid calling out links to informative articles on the account (although our comment appears to have been eaten by the spam filter). On the topic of Roth IRAs, DQYDJ plans to participate in Jeff Rose’s Roth IRA movement on March 26.
- You know what else we can’t ignore? A good tax rant, this one from our friend Sydney at Untemplater. We feel your pain!
- Mr. Money Mustache goes hardcore on lumen to watt ratios and color temperatures – and we loved it. MMM is inspiring us to do some home improvement type articles – stay tuned.
- Is it wrong that when I read this Smart Family Finance article on cheap dates (without looking cheap) I thought of Dave Chappelle’s date in Half Baked?
- The Financial Samurai posted an thought inducing article about taxes based on work ethic!
- Over at Invest it Wisely, a great guest post on installing hardwood floors by My Money Design. It’s Spring; bring on the home improvement posts!
- Average Joe at the Free Financial Advisor had a funny post on ignoring good advice. (“And isn’t it ironic…” – what happened to Alanis Morissette? Canadians, any idea? Pure acting, like in Weeds and playing God?)
- Remember: go visit our friend Paul at The Frugal Toad‘s project “Bloggers Classifieds” – Craigslist for your web site!
On Home Improvement and Personal Finance
Dear readers, do you care even one bit about the home improvement projects that the patriarch of this web site undertakes?
As many of you know, I purchased a house last year. It could be best referred to as a ‘cosmetic fixer’ – livable, but on the surface such a mess that we knew we’d be changing all the finishings. At this point, we’re almost completely done with the interior (although I have decent documentation for article purposes). The kitchen still hasn’t been undertaken, and the sunroom is about 80% done… and there is plenty of outdoor work that needs to be done.
On a level of 1-10, how much do you all care?