Welcome back to the most Impersonal Personal Finance Website on the web!
Another week, another weekender coming to you from the Bay Area. Just hours after I left a comment at blogging pal Nelson’s site Financial Uproar about how it rarely hails in the Bay Area, it… hailed in the Bay Area. Must have been a Friday the 13th Thing. On that note, read his article about getting a metal roof.
The second example of me boring people for 4-7 minutes in podcast form was posted at The Free Financial Advisor on Monday. I have some inside information: I’ll be back this week!
Special thanks for my third favorite fan, Matt Allen, who (along with my parents) complimented me on my podcast! Matt has an awesome blog himself, I demand you read it today.
Carnivals and Links
- The Totally Money Blog Carnival at Stupid Cents
- The Carnival of Passive Investing at Money Rabbit
- The Carnival of Personal Finance at Money Drain
- The Carnival of Wealth at Control Your Cash
- The Carnival of Financial Camaraderie at My University Money
- 101 Centavos
- Invest It Wisely
Links We Liked
- Another Country Heard From! We like what we’ve seen so far from the PF Watchdog Blog, including this reminder that we’re all not Warren Buffett. (Except Warren Buffett).
- The plays on words alone would be enough for me to be a regular reader at Funancials. Check out A. Blinkin’s post on VIX Vapor Rub.
- My comment at I Am One Percent was also eaten, but I loved the article on figuring out your talents early.
- At Joyful Self-Manager, a discussion on what to do in a verbal confrontation.
- At Master the Art of Saving, Jen crowdsources her spending of $80+ dollars! Send it to PK isn’t an option…
- At Thad Thoughts an interesting look at Thad’s experience changing bosses. Read it!
- Loved the back and forth over at Financial Samurai regarding early retirement, with a guest post from Mr. Money Mustache. The comments are a must read.
- And last but not least, a good luck to fellow PF writer Suba at Wealth Informatics as she quits her day job!
End of the Road For the Republican Primary
We haven’t written much about the Republican Primary lately – Mitt Romney had gotten so far ahead that the odds of another candidate winning outright were ridiculously low. Sure, a brokered convention was mathematically possible, but when even Pennsylvania looked like a tossup the odds were infinitesimally small. In the race to 1,144 Delegates, right now (today) the breakdown is Romney 656, Santorum 272, Gingrich 140 and Paul 67 according to Real Clear Politics. If the fat lady isn’t singing, she’s certainly warming up…