For Site Issues and Broken Links, contact PK with information.
For Advertising Opportunities, Please Visit our Advertising Page
“Don’t Quit Your Day Job” is a resource for people who wish to discuss personal finance, economics, politics and investing with other individuals of a curious persuasion. Our only requests: keep the spamming away from our comments, and keep it civil! We reserve the right to delete comments which do not fit that definition. That said, we love when you disagree with our posts, so please hit us as hard as you want in the comments.
We hope you will enjoy the resources this site provides. If you are just here to find information, we wish you well. If you are interested in passing on information of your own, please comment today.
Who Writes For This Site? How Do I Contact You?
Wondering who the three musketeers you’ve been reading are? All three of us are from the Greater Boston area, but we’ve taken different paths to reach our current positions. We all hold day jobs, in case you were wondering about the site name (Get it? Don’t Quit Your Day Job?)
“Boston breeds comedy!” as we tell our Real Life Friends. It also breeds sarcasm (the lowest form of comedy) amply employed by your humble writers. Don’t think Boston is funny? Conan O’Brien, Louis C.K., Jay Leno, and Denis Leary beg to differ. So does the entire editorial board (and their predecessors) from the Harvard Lampoon.
Enough of that tangent – we’re just three guys who love to write and harbor strong opinions. We love to hear opposing viewpoints, especially well-articulated ones. Please let us know where you think we’re being stupid and we’ll let you know what we think in return, usually with yet more sarcasm!
As far as individual biographies, how’s this?
- PK works as a Software Engineer but thinks he’s an Economist (truth is he just reads a bunch of Economics books). Let him know if he should lay off the normative economics and stick to the C++… just because you took advanced math classes doesn’t mean you’re qualified, chief.
- Cameron Daniels is an Economist and Mathematician making decisions that affect your life in ways you don’t even know… Unilke the others, he actually is an Economist, so he dreams in numbers and loves discussing the nuances of econometric models. What a nerd.
- Bryan Sullivan is an Electro-Mechanical Engineer who spends an inordinate amount of time in China and operates 3D printers all day. He’s also the “unofficial staff technology” writer, which becomes a lot more official when you see it in print. He also gets the highest number of page-views per article he writes. PK and Cameron are incredibly jealous.
Contact PK if you would like to discuss advertising opportunities on Don’t Quit Your Day Job.
Guest Post Policy (PLEASE READ BEFORE INQUIRING)
We have a policy to only post guest posts if the following criteria are met. Note that we will label our guest posts and sponsored posts in the spirit of full disclosure.
- You personally know the writers.
- You carry on a dialog with us online (through whatever channel – forums, Twitter, Facebook, comments, email). Note that dialog doesn’t include “one comment right before you ask”.
- We ask you to guest post, either through a blog swap or our reaching out.
- We write a response or react to your article. If you think we’re wrong in our reaction (or even if you don’t), let us know and we can air your counterpoint or even agreement.
Other Site Credits
Social Network Icon Pack by Komodo Media, Rogie King is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.komodomedia.com.